Kevin Mumpower is currently a Senior Project Manager for the Manufacturing Technology Center.
Kevin has been employed as a Product Design Engineer, Manufacturing Engineerying Manager, Operations Manager, Plant Manager, Sales Account Manager and Business Executive with several US manufacturing companies, leading continuous improvement and business strategy initiatives.
- 35 years of combined military and civilian manufacturing experience
- Manufacturing Operations Executive improving labor productivity, material scheduling, P & L gross margins, and product quality using lean-sigma methodologies
- Product Design Engineering Executive for electromechanical products practicing "lean product development"
- Sales/Marketing Executive developing customer accounts, strategic product plans in consumer products, and DOD supplied products
- Plant Manager, Sales Account Manager, and Business Executive with several U.S. manufacturing companies
- Experience in OSHA Compliance, Environmental, and Health & Safety
- Experience in ISO 9000/9001 standards
- Experience in Lean manufacturing and Yellow/Green/Black Belt Six Sigma projects
- Certified Instructor and Master Training Specialist (Curricula Developer)
- Qualified as a Naval Nuclear Engineer
- Former Board Member for the Southwest Virginia Alliance for Manufacturers
- Former Chairman of the Board for the SVAM Center of Excellence, the new standard manufacturing training center located in Abingdon, Virginia
- 26 years as a Navy Commander; 19 years of Navy Reserves
Kevin received a B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of South Carolina and was commissioned as an Ensign in the U.S. Navy in 1984. As a Naval Officer, Kevin qualified as a Naval Submarine Officer and Naval Nuclear Engineer, receiving his "Gold Dolphin" warfare pin while serving aboard the USS Glenard P. Lipscomb (SSN-85) stationed in Norfolk, Virginia.